Monday 19 October 2009

The end of Paradise Drive

The end of Paradise Drive.

I've lived on the Big Island of Hawai`i for over thirteen years now but still haven't got a clue when someone gives me directions. It's always left at Hualani-kamaaina and when you get to Kakahi-hipohaliburt turn right onto Pohoholokohuiholui-lo-puna-bruddha where you'll see the turn off for Lanahaihuapiu-kantpronounceit street. Just follow Hipi-aha'na'iloa-kai-lo'lo-lost'me-now and you might find the parking lot for Walmart if you're lucky.

I can't take my eyes off this picture. It was taken at the end of Paradise Drive. I know it's overdone and all that, but I can't stop looking at it.

9 comments:

Hilary said...

It sure is a beauty, alright. I hope folks click on it to enlarge.

Brad said...

You forgot the standard "take a left where the old JC Penney used to be." Never mind that there are actually two locations where JC Penney used to be.

Anonymous said...

There you go again... making my blog pictures look crappy compared to yours!

http://damontucker.com/2009/10/01/the-end-of-paradise-drive/

LOL

Zuzana said...

Ah, this was a funny post, made me laugh. I can understand it must be a bit complicated to take those directions.;)
The picture is stunning as always, you truly have a talent.;)

Beep said...

It looks like what you could see in a dream of a very beautiful, special place.

Tom said...

All - thank you for your kind comments!

Brad - where were the two JC Penneys or were these the two stores in the mall? (now Macy's I think - you can tell I don't shop there!). Just having two versions of the same shop in the one mall always confused the hell out of me, but I'm very simple.

Tom

Keera Ann Fox said...

I can't take my eyes off it, either. It does look like what Beep says: Something from a dream.

Wait, you guys had two JC Penneys?

Tom said...

I think we have two Macys now - I'm not sure, I don't shop there. They're in the same mall and basically it's one shop but separated by gender and a short walk.

I *think* these were previously the two JC Penneys but I might be wrong.

Tom

Keera Ann Fox said...

H&M tends to do that here: Set up different stores in the same mall to target different customer groups.