Saturday 3 October 2009

Cannery Row

It's been a long and very tiring trip but I'm finally back home. Most of the travelling was work-related but a few days of vacation in California was very welcome and I had a wonderful time! I've visited California often but to date each of those visits were overnight stays in airport hotels whilst travelling between Europe and Hawai`i.

Three nights spent in a plush Monterey hotel was certainly the ticket as I really needed the break and haven't had many chances to get away from the islands in the past few years. It was great to relax and enjoy the company of a wonderful friend while making a few more acquaintances in the Cannery Row bars and restaurants!

Jet lag was still a problem but it did mean I was up late at night and early in the morning to take a few photos - in fact, several hundred! I'll post a few of my favourites in the next few days but in the meantime these were some pictures I took from Cannery Row and nearby.

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Welcome back! The pictures here are stunning, almsost magical. Glad you had a good time.;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home dude!

Tom said...

Thanks, Protege and Blake! I wish I was still on vacation in California, I absolutely loved it there but it's nice to be back home as well even if it's raining!