Tuesday 20 April 2010

Moonstone Beach, Cambria, CA

This is a place I will return to. The beach itself is beautiful although it's clearly swept by storms each winter as there is so much debris on the sand, including some very large trees and lots of other odds and ends. We didn't do much exploring especially as Pam can't walk too far at the moment, and the sand was very heavy on the foot. It was quite a workout just walking a couple of hundred yards!

Moonstone Beach at sunset

There was someone watching the sunset in the distance, so I tried to zoom in a little.

The village is wonderful as well. We stayed at the El Colibri Hotel & Spa which is almost right on the beach and you can stroll along the boardwalk, which starts at the hotel, to the beach and much further if you're energetic. The village of Cambria isn't so accessible from the hotel but the centre of town is only a mile away or so with some great places to eat and drink. This is my kind of town!

Our hotel for a couple of nights. I recommend it, especially after our Fawlty Towers experience in Carpinteria!

2 comments:

kahuku said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip. The photos are beautiful.

Tom said...

Kahuku - that means a lot coming from a photographer such as yourself!

I think I've reached the limits of the camera I have and I'd love to get an SLR now, but the equation is buy an expensive camera or go on another trip like this one with Pam. Frankly, it's the latter...

Tom