Saturday 3 April 2010

California road trip - days 1 & 2

It's a story of lost luggage and a credit card, an incredibly beautiful but inept airport, forty hours without sleep, then not a lot of sleep after visiting the hotel's bar and finding they serve an excellent local brew, a lot of driving around getting to know the area and of course a lot of things I'll never tell anyone about...

It's been fun so far!

Carpinteria Beach at sunset this evening

Lake Casitas

A mountain somewhere near here

7 comments:

alice said...

Beautiful!

Will you get to zoom along the Pacific Coast Highway at all? I recently saw a History Channel show all about it, which made me want to pop over there for a drive...

Hilary said...

Those last things.. those are the best parts of any trip. Enjoy! :)

Keera Ann Fox said...

Wait, whadya mean what happens in California, stays in California?

Harumph, grumble…

…Ooh, pretty pictures!

Tom said...

Thanks, everyone! Alice - we're doing the PCH drive - we're heading north soon!

Tom

Beep said...

I so love these photos. And the captions. And what you wrote, one phrase especially...

Anonymous said...

"A mountain somewhere near here"... :)

I should have turned you on to a nice little GPS tagging device for your camera rig before you left!

Dave
Kailua-Kona

Tom said...

Dave - I'm old fashioned, I like using real maps, but I still haven't a clue what that mountain is called!

Tom