Friday 12 March 2010

Monterey montage

I can't wait. The last few months have been filled with stress and in the last year I've taken a massive four days of vacation. The cure involves surprising my credit card company by spending a lot of money on a proper holiday. No doubt I've triggered all their security warnings and will be dealing with them for the next couple of days, but I'll be back in Monterey, California, next month.

The town completely captivated me during those four days of vacation last year. OK, it has to be one of the most expensive places to visit on the planet, but I don't do this off-island vacation thing often and I think it'll be worth it.

Maybe I can improve on the above sunrise panorama during the trip! (Click on it for a larger view).

2 comments:

Keera Ann Fox said...

Happy travels!

JestrBob said...

Monterey is one of my favorite coastal places to visit. And While it can be expensive, We find we spend more on food than we do rooms.

our California coast is great, What parts of Monterey Bay do you find you like the best? Hiking, photography, arts? If you get a chance drive south of Carmel and Visit Point Lobos State Park. It was to Weston what Yosemite was to Adams. Over in Carmel there is a Weston Gallery. The coast both north and south have great little pocket coves, watch the access routes as the cliffs are steep and often dangerous.

If you like Kayaking, Look for trips/tours of the Moss Landing/Salinas River Estuary

This is the prime time of the year (next few months after the snow stops )for Yosemite Valley. That tends to be even more expensive unless you decide to tent camp. the Ahwahnee Hotel is the most expensive place I have ever stayed.

I live Halfway between (distance) Monterey and Yosemite, But Yosemite is 2 the travel time. Two hours from here to Monterey and 4 hours to Yosemite.

You've picked the right time of the year to visit Monterey Bay.

Have fun.