Friday 28 August 2009

Norbett, the bloody annoying Northern Cardinal

I woke up to one flustered bird this morning. After he spent yesterday morning and evening trying to evict me from my house Norbett was really pissed off with me this morning. Yesterday he spent his time flying around the house constantly chirping and playing hide-and-seek but this morning he was clearly upset. Maybe my snoring disturbed him overnight or something, but he felt it was time to make himself look big and hopefully scare me out of the house. He was even on the top lanai looking in through the screen doors. Jeeze, how about a bit of privacy?

Sorry, Norbett, I left because I had to go to work, so even if you think puffing yourself up into a big red ball scared me this morning, you'll be disappointed when I return.

4 comments:

Beep said...

LOL! The picture is wonderful and the story is priceless ;) Wish I could meet him. Ask him if he would like to fly to where I live. Although if he is smart he will say no and stay in paradise.

parv said...

( I wonder how much meat can be harvested from the cardinal. )

Keera Ann Fox said...

Didn't he know the previous occupant was still occupying? The worst part is you'll probably have a lot of trouble getting him to pay his share of the rent.

Hilary said...

Aww.. you'll be buying a bird feeder with high-quality seed before the weekend is out...