Tuesday 25 August 2009

Just not good enough

I've been trying to teach myself so much about photography during the last few months that sometimes it all falls apart. It's encouraging to see expert teachers and photographers, such as Scott Kelby, describe their own failings when taking pictures and that even the best get it wrong from time to time. His recent books, "The Digital Photography Book" (volumes 1, 2 and 3) are without doubt the best photography books out there for students, but he also describes the many pitfalls he and every other photographer experiences - and there are many.

I loved the scene I took above but got it all wrong. It was taken a couple of weeks ago and only just got around to looking at the photos. Part of the blame can go to the camera, it's not a DSLR and I might have got away with one or two things if it was, but still, a noisy image and not enough care to make sure I had all the settings correct at the time ruined it. It's a shame, but there are still some parts of the picture I really like, so here it is for you to see as well! I don't have the software the pros have and suspect I could have rescued it a little more if I did, but money right now is tight and is much better spent on fixing the latest disaster in my house than buying software!

No comments: