Sunday 13 September 2009

Guess the location

This is the evening view from the hotel room, although the picture(s) was actually taken outside in the early evening light. This is actually stop number 2 on the trip and some of you will know this landmark immediately and one or two know where I am anyway. In any case this city is one of my favourite places on the planet.

The picture above was taken at stop number 1, but there are probably too few clues to guess the location! Anyway, I'm off for a beer or two...

7 comments:

John Powell said...

Edinburgh Castle

Andrew Cooper said...

I wasn't going to put the answer in the comments, but John already did. It has been twenty years, but been there, done that, a truly classic castle with a lot of history..

Edinburgh Castle

Zuzana said...

Somewhere in England.;)) I guess you went home.;))

Diane said...

I climbed that stupid hill... and very nearly had a coronary doing it.

I'm jealous. Can I come with?

Diane said...

And PS... it's one of my favorite places on the planet, too, since I was born there... well, not in the castle... you know what I mean :)

Beep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom said...

Yep, it's Edinburgh, a wonderful city full of the most historic buildings and excellent pubs!

The flower was taken in England on stop no. 1 (my mum's place), so Protege got that!

Diane - damn, that hill is steep! I gave up halfway through although my excuse is it was getting quite dark!