Thursday 8 September 2011

In need of a vacation

Wish I could embed this here but can't. It's a beautiful piece of music - Spanish guitar(*), jazz, Motown, a little rock & roll and some great electric guitar stuff from the early 70s. You'll recognize the song, I'm sure, and it's where I'm going to be for the next three weeks. For those who have followed my blog for a while, you'll know this is my favourite place in the world! I'm dreamin' about it as I write this...

George Benson, California Dreamin'

(*) When I was a kid, maybe around 9 or 10 years old, I could actually play a bit of Spanish Flamenco on my guitar. I gave it up to do other things (cricket and football, mainly) but about 10 years ago I found I could still play the same tunes. I guess it's like riding a bike. Then I gave it up again to do a bit of astronomy.

No comments: