Tuesday 22 December 2009

Let's hope for a brighter year ahead

The queen in the UK used the Latin phrase "annus horribilis" to mean a "horrible year". I was never taught Latin so please correct me if I get this wrong, but this has been a "septimana horribilis" (horrible week, or seven days). Hey, I'm an ex-state school kid, you should be surprised I know there's such a thing as Latin and not robbing old ladies of their handbags.

Please give all your thoughts and prayers (if you're religious) to Pam. She and I both have pretty crappy Christmases to look forward to and I know Pam will feel better if she has the thoughts and encouragement from all of you. It will mean a lot to me as well if you could drop her a line or a comment wishing her well. She was going to be here just after Christmas but now cannot visit as she has some serious and urgent medical issues to deal with. I know she will be in my thoughts.

In the meantime, thank you all for reading my blog and for all your comments and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tom

5 comments:

Beep said...

Tom,

It was so nice of you to post this. I really hope and pray that you will have some good news eventually about your career. Your reputation is so excellent that I can't help but feel that no matter what, there is a good job in your future whatever happens with the science budget fiasco in your home country.

You also have quite the potential for some side businesses including selling note cards, calendars etc. with your incredible photos and also a book deal :) Just saying! (you can't be brought up where I was and not be completely infused with the entrepreneurial pov! )

Zuzana said...

Despite it all, I m hoping you will have a wonderful Christmas my dear friend and all the best in the New Year as well I wish you from the bottom of my heart,
xoxo
Zuzana

Devany said...

I double Zuzana's comments! It reminds me of that song, "Smile". Even when we don't feel like smiling it does us good sometimes. The light is around the corner...

And Pam, while I am not religious at all, I do send out good thoughts and get well wishes to you! And, you are spot on about Tom's photos!

Anonymous said...

Aloha! Hope you had a Happy Christmas.

Lou Minatti said...

Hope you had a great Hawaii Christmas, Tom. Hang in there, Beep!