Friday 29 July 2011

Missing the summit already...

I still have some photos from that last summit trip I haven't looked at yet, but suspect this is one of the last good ones. It was wonderful to be back on the summit again and am now getting used to life back at sea level. Lots of admin type stuff to deal with, which I hate, but it comes with the job these days.

This one was taken well after sunset - all the colours had gone and it was very dark so things are a little smoothed (OK, out of focus). Shortly after this I was back inside the control room hoping to take data on a few planets but the clouds that were above us at sunset descended in the cold air and then hung around the summit all night, so we didn't get anything this night. Fortunately, I can report that the visiting NASA team got some great data soon after this and it coincided with me leaving the summit, so I think I might have to review any future summit support that includes me.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted!

No comments: