Wednesday 15 October 2008

Oh my!

Today I was searching for something relating to dust grains in space. It sounds very uninteresting, I'm sure, but there you go. It's actually an area of research I have a little bit of expertise on though. Maybe I'll explain why in another post one day.

One site popped up that I'd never seen before. I must have put something into the search terms that resulted in a link to a skeleton being found on the moon. Huh?

So curiosity took over and I went there - and how I wish I hadn't.

"America'a Apollo 11 lunar module photographed a human skeleton on the moon when it landed there in 1969."

Apollo 11 or the skeleton?

That's just one of the stories. I then went to the home page and found that there are a whole bunch of things we never knew about the moon. Or, perhaps, I didn't and I'm just out of touch. Did you know, for instance, that aliens have a moon base on the dark side of the moon? There is also a small village there as well as a secret base which is involved in some kind of mind control.

Sounds as though the place is a bit too crowded for me, and to top it all the Germans went there in 1942.

Now, I'm considering giving some advice to the authors of websites like this. I was going to say that you might consider concentrating on only one story or perhaps two at best. If you collect a whole bunch of really strange stuff, most of it contradictory, then dump it all on one web page some people might become suspicious that it's all codswallop.

That's not the advice I would give though, but this is: don't use countless exclamation marks at the end of a sentence, it's a dead giveaway.

A PLACE TO THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isn't really a place to think.

No comments: