Wednesday 22 October 2008

Dang camera!

There was the most beautiful sunset here this evening. I even went out onto my roof to photograph it because that's the only place I can get a completely clear view of the Mauna Kea summit from home. It looked absolutely stunning.

Unfortunately, I left it just a few minutes too late - I had to see how the first game in the MLB World Series finished first! So I found out my camera just couldn't cope, and no matter what setting I tried all the pictures were rubbish. Just not quite enough light.

Anyone with some advice for a replacement? I don't have the time (or money) to learn how to become a good photographer, so a DSLR will probably be a waste of money. I've got my eye on a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28K which I think I could get for well under $300 and all the reviews I've seen are quite positive. Advice would be more than welcome.

No comments: