Saturday 22 August 2009

Modern art nonsense

I never enjoyed art lessons at school, I really didn't know or understand what was going on. Today I'm still the same. I can look at a picture and say "nice!" or another that people love and say "huh?!".

Being marooned at home due to a virus I got a little bored and tried to take some pictures of normally uninteresting things, such as leaves on a tree. The pictures were as boring as I thought they might be so played around with one or two of them using some software. The picture above was one result. I like it but I have no idea why, and I'm sure that anyone with any background in art will hate it. I don't care though, I like looking at pretty pictures!

2 comments:

Andrew Cooper said...

I have to agree, many "art experts" are full of nonsense. Any art that has to be explained to its intended audience is probably junk.

Either a piece of art works, or it doesn't. Good art will seize your attention without any assistance. This may not be the same for all people, we all have different values and cultural contexts, thus a rich art world to enjoy.

BTW... Nice picture.

Zuzana said...

I love to paint and to draw and to be creative, but I would not call my self an artist.
I like the picture too. I like the play with colours and like that it lacks symmetry, yet definitely doesn't lack in harmony.