Monday 4 May 2009

Slowly recovering

So many unexpectedly expensive things happened during the last week from hell that I haven't had a chance to do very much recently other than order a new cheque book. Fortunately the weather at the summit of Mauna Kea has improved dramatically in the last few days so things are going relatively smoothly up there - it makes you wonder if there really is someone in charge of everything that actually has a sense of humour - let's give those astronomers months of despicable weather and then when it clears I'll make everything they own back home stop working. Ha!

I think I've managed to transfer all the important stuff from my now deceased PC to the new one although I'm still having several issues with Vista - I think they're mostly personality clashes though. I'm sick and tired of it questioning my motives every time I try and do something but one day I'll figure out how to stop it doing this. I have solution to this PCness though, a sledgehammer within easy reach.

One nice thing about the new but cheap PC is that I can run some of the photo-editing software I have and see the results in a couple of minutes rather than the couple of days my old thing used to take - and without having to keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case it exploded which it often threatened to do.

The other problem though, is that I've had to spend a lot of time at home recently putting out various fires (metaphorically speaking of course) so haven't had the chance to take many new photos. This evening's sunset was nice (see below) but just can't compete with what you see at the summit (see above). Oh well, I'll be back up there soon enough...

No comments: